Sunday, March 11, 2012

Khan Academy - Math Website on 60 minutes

http://www.khanacademy.org/

Khan Academy is a great and simple math website for kids. It offers video tutorials for how to do math and eliminates a lot of the cartoony extra stuff. It was featured on 60 minutes tonight! '

I started using it with a few kids about a year ago and it really helped them with their basic facts. You need to have a gmail or facebook account (to ensure you are a real person and not just an advertiser).  As a parent you can sign up to be the "coach" and watch your child's progress. You can have multiple students/kids under your name so your whole family can be involved. Check it you and if you have questions let me know and I will answer what I can. Above is the link to the website, below is a link to the 60 minutes excerpt.

And the best part is, it's 100% free!! I also have an account so if you would like your student to add me as the coach my user name is my email: daniell.mcevoy@fairfieldsfuture.org.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7401702n

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I've recently heard about Khan from a friend whose kids are in middle school in high school. She said there are lessons (I'm looking at math) for younger kids too. My daughter is in first grade, but I don't see anything that looks like her level. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete