Sunday, August 21, 2011

New and exciting things are underway!

The last few weeks have been very exciting! I've been getting the room ready for the students and meeting some other wonderful teachers as well. The Pence staff has been so kind and generous. These kids are lucky to have such great educators.

Being that I am the new teacher, there are always wonders and curiosities about who I am. Well, I graduated from COE college in December and I substitute taught in Cedar Rapids for the remainder of the school year. Substituting was a very rewarding and exhausting experience.  This past summer, I spent my time teacher for a private school, Summit School, also in Cedar Rapids. I taught 8 bright preschool students on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and co-taught 16 energetic preschoolers Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. I also taught three other week long camps for kindergarten through second graders, those camps where "Mad Scientists", "Ice Cream You Scream" and "Back to School Brush-up."

This year is going to be full of new and exciting experiences for the students and myself as well! My goal is to be constantly updating this blog as well as our class Twitter and Facebook pages. Feel free to follow along and get in on all the action!

Twitter: MsMcEvoy1
Facebook: Ms. McEvoy's 1st Graders
My Email address: daniell.mcevoy@fairfieldsfuture.org





No comments:

Post a Comment