Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Brushing up and getting rid of the cob webs.

We are finally getting into the nitty gritty. Last week we worked extensively on procedures and how to do the basics. Students have been demonstrating to me all those awesome skills they learned in kindergarten. Tuesday, we finally got to open up the handwriting book, and today we dove right into the first math lesson out of the books.

Soon I will be sending home a little more homework to do! This week I've been trying to figure out what the students needs are. As I tell them, it's my job to be the teacher, but it's their job to learn! One of the easiest ways for you to help your child succeed is to simply read to them, and to have them see you read as well.

An important upcoming event: October 31st we will have our first field trip! We will be adventuring to the Jefferson County Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment